Commonplace is a fast growing, award-winning internet startup that leads its market sector. Commonplace provides an engagement platform that communities trust to represent their views, and developers or local councils trust to provide accurate insights which support planning applications. The company’s vision is a world where communities and developers work together to create better places to live.
Our clients include some of the leading infrastructure providers, property developers and local authorities in the UK, and we have a reselling relationships with their agents such as architects, public affairs and planning agencies.
In the coming 12 months we:
- Will place an emphasis on helping our clients reach high levels of engagement and diversity of respondents, through developing and executing digital promotion strategies for clients’ websites.
- Anticipate having many more clients and projects meaning that we need to change and improve how we set up and support our clients’ websites. We will increase automation while retaining top-notch customer support and satisfaction.
What you will bring
We are looking for an energetic, systematic and personable person, interested in the interplay between technology and society. Experience in customer service will be useful but above all you must have a passion for the success of our clients in achieving greater public involvement in shaping the places where we all live and work
We are particularly seeking candidates with experience of running social media campaigns including paid-for campaigns. You may have been involved in marketing; organising a university society; or any activity that has given you experience of Twitter, Instagram and Facebook as marketing tools. Experience in connecting with specific target populations such as young people and minority groups will be especially useful.
You will gain insight into the different sectors that shape the built environment and projects on all scales - from a pocket park to HS2. Your work will have a real impact on how technology interfaces with democracy.
We expect the candidates to be at the start of their career and to look forward to develop their skills and career with us.
What you will do
- Develop excellent relationships with new and existing clients so they are delighted with Commonplace.
- Monitor clients’ use of their Commonplace platforms and advise and help them increase traffic, including planning and executing social media campaigns.
- Support new clients to ensure they can make the best use of the Commonplace platform.
- Train clients and engagement teams to use Commonplace.
- Develop long-term relationships that will help identify opportunities for additional sales and generate referrals from clients.
- Provide feedback and insight from the field to the Customer Success and Product Development teams, including analysis of statistics.
- Help us develop Customer Success methodologies that will scale with the business.
Skills and experience
- Experience of running social media campaigns including paid-for campaigns.
- IT fluent and ideally some experience of building websites. Familiarity with image editing and working with PDFs desirable.
- Understanding of our domain is desirable - the built environment, developers and local government.
- Personable, professional and reassuring manner, including when under pressure.
- Evidence of a can-do, self-starter attitude, and ability to get up to speed quickly on a new products, services, markets and relationships.
- Ideally experience of customer service in an environment where outcomes are measured.
What we offer
- Work at the cutting edge of the rapidly-developing GovTech and Urban Tech fields.
- We are a high-growth digital start-up with a social purpose. We can only succeed if we increase citizen involvement in local decisions. In essence, our mission is creating a democracy fit for our digital times.
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working arrangements to relax, restore and refresh.
- An awesome, open and vibrant startup environment.
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun office culture.
- Share options.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org