Commonplace Digital Ltd
Terms of website use
Information about us
www.commonplace.is is a site operated by Commonplace Digital Ltd ("We"). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 08575062 and have our registered office at 1st Floor Cloister House, Riverside, New Bailey Street, Manchester, England, M3 5FS.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
By registering with our site, you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- You are at least 13 years old.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
By using our service, you grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to use and to sub-licence any material posted, comment made, vote cast and/or response given by you on our site, to allow us and our partners and other users to, amongst other things, raise awareness of an issue, illicit further feedback, provide information to parties that might have an interest in responding or contributing, to enable analysis for feedback and response, and to promote the website. You also agree and accept that other users may repost your material.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our site changes regularly
Our site is a forum on which users may raise issues pertinent to them and/or their community and provide feedback on local facilities and amenities. It is intended as a platform for people to exchange views and opinions on such issues. Our site is therefore updated regularly by users and by us. Therefore, the content may change at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site (on an individual or wider basis), or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. Material displayed in the comments section is provided by third party users. Such users are responsible for the material they post, and must be posted in accordance with our acceptable use policy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Uploading material to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, to vote or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential. We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
If you are a registered user or have otherwise subscribed to our services and you no longer wish to receive emails and notifications from us, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you wish to unsubscribe from our service, and we shall unsubscribe you as soon as practicably possible after receipt of your email.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you, unless such website permits linking. It is your responsibility to establish whether or not the owner of such website permits or prohibits such linking.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, or you wish to frame our site on another site, please address your request to email@example.com
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site and we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
- Existing Commonplace customers are known as Referrers.
- Potential customers introduced by Referrers are known as Referees.
- A Successful Referral occurs when a Referee’s new licence contract has been signed by Commonplace and the Referee. In order to qualify, a Referee must not be an existing customer of Commonplace.
- The Referrer will earn a Reward for the Successful Referral of a Referee.
- Referrers will be rewarded for all Successful Referrals with a Commonplace water bottle.
- Referrers will be rewarded for all Successful Referrals by one of the following, which they can choose:
- £1500 free credit on Social Media Promotion, which can be spent on paid media only, not for use as credit on Commonplace consulting time, which is charged in addition.
- Free language translation on one Commonplace URL and up to 3 engagement tiles. This includes European languages or Arabic only.
- Free topic analysis using natural language processing of free text comments. This includes the first 250 comments, any further comments will be payable at the standard rate.
- Free capture of free text voice comments, including transcription and voice sentiment scoring. This includes the first 100 comments, any further comments will be payable at the standard rate.
30% off when upgrading an existing licence or adding additional projects or URLs
- Valid for licences contracted before 5th May 2023
- Discount of 30% on the list price for additional projects or upgrades to Departmental or
- Discount is available on the core licence price, add-on features not available for discount
- Only valid for customers on a single project licence and currently within their active contract period
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our site.